The Scottish Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament was founded in 1958, and we have campaigned steadfastly since then for an end to nuclear weapons in Scotland and in the wider world. As a partner of the International Campaign for the Abolition of Nuclear Weapons (ICAN) we actively supported its work for a global nuclear ban: work which has now led to the introduction of the Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons.
Our history is the story of courageous and inspiring campaigners who have persisted in their work for nuclear disarmament and peace. As we marked our 60th anniversary in 2018, we were proud to document this history in our exhibition: A Peace of History. The exhibition tells the story of our first sixty years, through art, personal testimony, and clear timelines of anti-nuclear activism.