<%@LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%> Scottish Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament
Return to home

Home

SCND Shop

Contacts
 
Join the Scottish CND now...
Back to Main Menu
Contents
Map
Orkney and Shetland
Highlands and Islands
North East
West Central and South West
South East
Appendixes
 
 

78. Holy Loch. (NS 163 806)

For thirty years, between 1961 and 1991, the Holy Loch was the location of a base for the U.S. Navy's 14th Submarine Squadron. It was handed back to the MoD in June 1992. During its time as an American base, a vast amount of waste, some of it toxic, was dumped into the loch, and which was left on the seabed when the Americans departed.

 

    Copyright © SCND 2004. All rights reserved.
site template provided by walrus and carpenter